View Single Post

Thread: Summer Beachparty Twenty Twenty One!

1. - Top - End - #224
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Summer Beachparty Twenty Twenty One!

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Bonfire]

And Khannie?

She scoops a HUGE bite out of her sundae with her spoon and shoves it in her mouth while maintaining eye contact with Arthfael the whole time.

To assert dominance.
    [Bonfire]

Dominance asserted!

Arthfael meekly takes a nibble of his own sundae, also maintaining eye contact with Khannie. Though this was less of an "I'm in charge around here" sort of gesture and more "oh god if I look away she'll get the drop on me" kind of look.

At least the ice cream was good.

...Like, really good.

Arthfael takes another scoop.

And another.

And another.

And an-oh god what was happening to his brain?!

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Darker Beach

"...You're a much smarter cookie than I'd realised." Felicity should stay close to Eun. If nothing else, she could learn a lot. "I've... I've been here long enough I don't see it as weird any more. Dangerous, for sure, sometimes. But not really weird. I'm... not sure if that's a good thing or not." Felicity arrived in the Nexus as a child, and doesn't really remember too much of what her Earth was like. No superpowers, for sure, which is one reason why she wanted some.
    [Darker Beach]

Eun goes from red to redder. "It's not that much, really..." She protests quietly, before the subject shifts to the general weirdness of the Nexus. "I can't say I know, either." She says finally. "Right now, I'm just trying to maintain a healthy respect for the fact that I have almost no understanding of how things work around here. Magic and technology so advanced it may as well be magic are both major game changers. You hardly see anything as simple as a chemical reaction anymore."

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Volley

Mishnehel wasn't expecting the ball to be passed; she somehow hadn't realised she could do that. So the fact it's passed to Vlad means her eyes leave it and the ball can go over the net before she's ready for it. Vlad and Zefir just scored a point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Volleyball

Well that was something. Let's see what will be next. Zefir will take the ball to serve. He struggels a bit but then manages to play a decent ball. Those wirh more experience might notice that his struggle was more a holding back. Thought in the game he did appear to give his best. He seems to be trainwd in something that can be usefull for the serving.
    [Volleyball]

Extrapolating from the game so far, the remainder seems likely to be a fairly even match. Vlad and Miranda both provide solid bases for their teams, which makes it a question of who would give out first; Mishnehel or Zefir.

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Bar]

"I don't know if I should envy you, exactly, but our oppressors do use weapons. Big ones." Fayyaad's tail swishes back and forth as he talks. "If I'd stayed I'd have ended up on the wrong side of them. I hope to return someday. For now, my stay in the Nexus has been enjoyable."
    [Bar]

"Same. You meet all sorts of interesting people out here." Rose gives him a flirtatious smile and clinks her glass against his. "Case in point. A noble-in-exile is something that really only exists in young adult novels where I'm from. I wouldn't have the chance to meet someone like you back home." She decides to take a risk and walks around behind him, her hand at her side, oh-so-innocently brushing up against his tail. "It's been something of a learning experience." She teases, giving him a playful smirk. She might be being a little forward, but the talk of "big weapons" seems to have conjured up certain images in her mind.
    Last edited by Ironsmith; 2021-09-07 at 11:11 PM.