Quote Originally Posted by J-H View Post
I started a new game as Madagascar and it's going better... except somehow, and I don't know how, I've been locked out of viewing the individual province statistics. I think it may have happened after I got some notification about being able to make "states", whatever those are (no explanation provided or tooltip in game). I said no because the states included territories owned by an ally, and I didn't want to accidentally create a vassal when I'm trying to own the whole island.

When I click on a province, all I get is this stupid menu. The mostly-hidden X at the top closes it, but clicking a province just brings it back.
How do I get rid of this view and get back my province view?

[image removed]

Thank you!
You can switch between the normal province display and the state display by pressing 's'.

And states represent land that's fully integrated into your nation, as opposed to territories, which are only loosely controlled and provide far less income and manpower. In general, you want to create as many states as you can afford - having some land in an area you've made into a state owned by an ally doesn't have any effect on your relationship with them, and there's no connection between making states and making vassals.