1. - Top - End - #542
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: The LA Assignment Thread XI: Better LA'd Than Never

Prophet: that's an always active 9th level spell there. And divination at 90% can break a lot of scenarii by itself. I'd say +2‚ though +1 could be balanced too.

Spore Carrier: +1‚ that's really not that good.

Stormtouched: +1‚ because it's only once per week‚ but that call lightning storm can delete some encounters early on. And control weather is obviously a very good utilitary.

Unearthly Beauty: You know there's a feat for that? It's called Leadership. No‚ but really‚ if you can get that on some big monster/boss‚ it can be invaluable (and starting at level 7‚ you can maintain control indefinitely) . I believe it's probably worth +2 (what's with getting access to 9th level spells at low level here? Is there some uber prestige class requiring to cast Dominate Monster as an SLA?)

Vestigial twin: RAW: +7 or higher. A cleric could cast Miracle from no spell slot from level one (or‚ if you don't allow Still spell to apply‚ Holy Word‚ word of recall‚ greater command‚ Last Judgement...). RAI: +3 or +4 probably. It's very unclear if we can even apply Still Spell and Eschew Materials here‚ since it just says "cast a spell you know"‚ not "cast a prepared spell"‚ and you don't know metamagicked spells. But even without that‚ SLAs comprise invocations or Binder abilities‚ mental actions should include getting your psionic focus back‚ and activating an item is always incredible. That's some really good action economy here‚ and if we gave the Tomb Mote ECL 5‚ this should be at least +3‚ even with all these limitations and no immunity.

Quote Originally Posted by PoeticallyPsyco View Post
    On a spellcaster, psionic character, or Warlock it's essentially Dvati with none of the drawbacks or restrictions, which I think puts it around at least +3 and probably higher.
    Psionic powers are not a spell‚ not a mental check and not a SLA‚ so you can't use them. But I don't see why it couldn't be used on a warlock. The "no somatic" only applies to spells‚ not SLAs.
    Last edited by Beni-Kujaku; 2021-09-12 at 01:54 AM.