Quote Originally Posted by Kymme View Post
Making weapons more abstract is something I've begun to appreciate more and more. In something like Mythender, for instance, your characters weapons are abstracted to the point that you can pretty much play a character with any strange fighting style or mythical superpowers you want, and I find that freedom really valuable. It's one of the reasons why I love the way Masks: A New Generation approaches superpowers. You have so much freedom to come up with all kinds of creative powersets and abilities when the system abstracts them.
I should probably have a look at both of those, although the Cypher System rulebook does Cody nearly £60(!).

But yes, as I've grown out of my teens I've lost the idea that lots of rules or less of weapons is inherently good. When it's as in depth as GURPS with the X-tech books it's nice, but most people I know struggle building GURPS characters.

Actually, I do like that the Cypher System seems to boil weapons down to three/six categories, maybe I should actually get that core rulebook. Maybe when it's actually on Amazon UK and so a bit cheaper...