[Jade and Jason's Lair]

"It accidentally knocked a kid in the head with a rock when it was trying to get a bat monster off her face," Tristan says as he wheels the robot into the lair proper. "Right after that happened it shut down. My guess is that it's some sort of Asimov style three laws of robotics thing."

Tristan is no expert on robotics either, but he knows enough sci-fi to be familiar with the three laws.

No hurting humans, no disobeying humans (unless that would violate law one), and no allowing harm to come to yourself (unless that would violate law one or two).

"I'm not totally sure what her operating number is, though when she was asked about herself earlier she spit out a pretty long string of digits-"

Which Tristan repeats here.

"-which might be that? Don't know for sure. Also probably worth mentioning that I'm pretty sure she's a Chinese Box."

That's a well known term in the realm of AI. A Chinese Box being a machine that does a pretty good job of pretending like it knows what words mean. Like a very clever CleverBot.

"She was bugging some of the humans she met to designate themselves as her owner. Didn't ask me after I did some fire breathing since I guess that means I'm not human," Tristan explains.

He still thinks he's at least mostly human. Just an enhanced human. When he's Chimera, though, he definitely isn't.