1. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Shang-Chi And The Legend Of The Ten Rings (2021)

Quote Originally Posted by ecarden View Post

This I agree with entirely. I think they're starting to be put at risk of almost Worfing the sorcerers research/knowledge? Wow, something's not in their library, it must be super rare and dangerous--wait, what was the last thing that was in their library? Was there even anything on Dormamu? I may need to go back and rewatch Doctor Strange, it's been a while.
    There was info on Dormammu (albeit in forbidden books I believe). It was how the evil Sorcerer villain (whose name I can't remember) was able to find out and pursue his plan.

With that said
    Spoiler
    Show
    I do find it weird that they wouldn't at least know about the rings from when Shang-chi's father was using them for a thousand years, even if they couldn't discover their actual origins (which I suspect to be Eternal, Deviant, or Celestial purely because of the whole "no one mystical, scientific, or cosmic has heard of these things" deal).

Also, besides that, I can't think of any other time their mystical research came up empty. Thanos himself is not inherently magical in the MCU (so why would they know about him) and I thought they did know about the Infinity Stones, just not that someone was so close to collecting them all.
    Last edited by Lizard Lord; 2021-09-13 at 01:55 AM.