Darker Beach

"Yeah, I've got some room. I borrowed it from Vigil, one of their sky-ferries. I learnt how to fly things like it in Skyside, though that one was... a bit more mundane, I think. Controls map over OK, mostly." Felicity stands up and picks up her fire-blanket, putting it back into her bag and pulling out a brass fob. She'll walk over to where she parked, just up the beach hidden in the dunes.

The shuttle doesn't look very technological at all, really. It has a sleek wooden hull with brass detailing and little wings, sharply angled sails overhead. A harpoon gun is mounted on the front. It's all wood and polished brass, rather than plastic and aluminium. Felicity goes to a hatch in the deck and unlocks it, pulling out a thick fleece and some trousers, which she'll pull on. "Do you want this?" Felicity offers a spare fleece. "It can get a bit cold, otherwise. I gotta stay on deck to steer, since it's done by sails, but there's a small passenger area, if you want to sit down out of the wind. No windows, though."

Volleyball

"Sort of, yeah. Streetball, played in Skyside. Often the ball is filled with some lighter-than-air gas, if you can get it from the docks or whatever. The aim of that is to hit the ball from one side of the street to the other, usually played in busy areas and across traffic to make it trickier. And also so the players can practice their pickpocketing. I didn't grow up in a very wealthy area, though at least it was Skyside itself and not Groundtown. Nobody wants to live in Groundtown." It's odd that so many people stay there, in fact. Given that it's poor and where most of those individuals that work in Skyside that can't afford rent in the flying city live.