Quote Originally Posted by TRH View Post
She still slaughtered the ogres (not trolls) in the end. As for the rest, I don't know how it's supposed to be some insane or unintuitive leap of logic to conclude that the angry and volatile paladin who is, in fact, denouncing the law in its entirety and substituting her own judgment might not be all talk. I understand her character wasn't a static one over the course of the comic, but I don't think she ever said she was going to do something and failed to do so without having been convinced otherwise and admitting as much. And in this case she refused to be convinced otherwise. But apparently I'm the unreasonable one for expecting Roy to take the paladin at her word.
At any point before Roy acted, Hinjo would have been required to act in opposition to him. It was not until Miko actually commited a crime that Roy was free to act.

Hinjo was similarly unable to break the law, and opted to use his best skill, Diplomacy, to achieve his goals.

Lawful characters often are forced to make decisions that are less tactically sound because what they want to do is unlawful.

Which was the test Miko failed. So, wow! I just realized that if Hinjo would have taken out Miko, he would be a fallen paladin, Miko would have still been there to destroy the sapphire, and...

Yeah. Worse result than now.