In the Aftermath of the Fight

Slowly, the crowds of fair goers return, looking anxiously around at the chaos caused by the goblins. Some mumble angrily. Some swear oaths of vengeance. All look to the defenders who stood up for the town with appreciation and awe. Kalib returns and lands on Yusha's arm, releasing a cry that demands a treat. When placated with a bit of meat, the bird relays to it's master that the a small hoard of goblins fled to the north, heading into the Crooked Hills and descending into cracks in the earth with many cyphers and perhaps eight hostages in tow.

When Calen asks Kip for insight, a blue beam of light comes from the rear side of the arcane mirror and runs over the sleeping goblin. There is a small PING, and then the mirror responds. "Nanoparticles have assembled a cybernetic prosthetic network array, attached to the cerebellum of this primitive humanoid. Findings- this is no longer a singular being you know as a "goblin". It is one node of a network apparatus. Extrapolation- something has connected this tribe of goblins together and united them in purpose. Query- What is their new purpose?" When the magic of the sleeping spell wears off, there is at first no evident sign that the goblin is awake. Then, in one eerily smooth motion, it sits up and rises to it's feet. Eyes still closed, it reaches a hand out to test the bars of it's illusory cage. Finding them fake, it still remains in place however. Some sleepy mumblings escape it's lips, which Calen can barely make out as the goblin language. "Why mimic prison? Let me return to Safeguard. Let me return to Safeguard so I can sleep with my tribe."