Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
Thing from Elementary school.

In the third or fourth grade(the rooms were right next to each other) someone came into the school in the middle of the night and vandalized the boy's bathroom in the part of the hallway our class was in.

so the school removed the door from the boy's bathroom, figuring that that would stop further vandalism.

While there was no further vandalism, the vandals to my knowledge were never caught and the door was not reinstalled during my time there.

At the time I didn't think anything of it... But 1: The removed door meant that anyone in the hallway had a clear line of sight to the urinals, which... Kind of a big deal and 2: I don't understand what they were... The vandalism happened out of school hours. There was no evidence whatsoever that it was even a student so in hindsight, what purpose did violating the privacy of the boys' in that school during school hours serve?

Does anybody else have a story like that? A "okay, how does A solve/justify the problems that come from B?" story?
I really hate hearing stories of that happening. If it ever happens to any school my kid ever goes to, I plan on raising holy hell with the school administration. That's unacceptable. I'm sorry you had to deal with that.