Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
In October 2017 I woke up on the floor with the taste of blood in my mouth and ambulance lights in my window. I was numb all over, got lifted onto a gurney and taken to a hospital. On the way to the hospital, I was told I had a seizure. I spent that entire night throwing my guts up and part of me was convinced I wouldn't make it to the morning. Found out later that week it was due to a brain tumor and I'd need to go under for surgery.

I asked if you'd gone through a near-death experience because events like that tend to put into perspective just how easily and quickly we can die, even from things we don't realize are problems. I didn't want to live forever, or even really care if I made it through the week ("If it's my time, it's my time"). It just put into mind that I needed to work faster on, say, my novel. Or finishing reading my Bible. Or any number of other things that I'd put on the backburner, to get to "eventually".

Immortality doesn't allow that. There's no reason to rush or work quickly, and so you don't. What will you accomplish when your time is unlimited? Paradoxically, having more time just means you'll waste more time.
Damn, that's rough. I'm glad that you made it through that alright. Did you manage to finish your novel?