1. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Has anyone here played a single class Hexblade?

Quote Originally Posted by HeartfulSmiler View Post
    I was just wondering...
    Has anyone here played a hexblade warlock without multiclassing (preferably past level 5)?

What was your experience like? Pros and cons of sticking to hexblade? Did you wish you multiclassed?
    DM'd one levels 5-7, before lockdowns ruined everything. Slow progression game so still had a dozen or so sessions.

He largely played like a mage with hunger of hadar, summon aberration and the polymorph invocation taking up concentration and agonizing blast for the rest. He also had PAM to go with his pact spear though, so I couldnt challenge him like i would with other casters by getting enemies up in his face.
    Really didnt see a need to multiclass, he mostly had to find excuses to use hex/curse.

I should note: his spear was +1 that also functioned as a rod of pact keeper, and he traded the spectre for casting arcane eye for fee once per long rest. Wasnt really overpowered compared to the others but he always had something to say and do (experienced player though, i dont put it all on the class)
    Last edited by Kane0; 2021-09-17 at 04:34 AM.