View Single Post

Thread: Deltarune Chapter 2 release 17 Sep

1. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Deltarune Chapter 2 release 17 Sep

Currently playing it now, got through most of the story, now going through I think the optional area of chapter 2....
    Spoiler: Spoilers for those who haven't played yet
    Show

I've hit this incredibly hard rising teacup course you seem to need lightning-fast reflexes to get past in the mansion basement. I keep dying to it even though I want to get past it to see what Spamton's thing is all about. don't tell me what I'm going to find, just tell me what I'm supposed to do to get past it once I shut off the force field.

EDIT: Nevermind I got past it the EXACT run after I posted this, just beware, this optional teacup course is stupidly hard and not for people with bad reflexes, you need to focus on it. and even then you might only get out with 5 hp.

Edit 2: was fighting the optional boss last night and quit because my arm was getting tired from playing, and I was getting frustrated at this boss's hardness. it is the only reason I haven't beaten this chapter in one sitting.

Edit 3: I've beaten chapter 2 but saved on a different file to make sure I can go back to beat the optional boss. the ending is......0_0.
    Spoiler: spoilers for those who haven't beaten it yet
    Show
    yeah the Chapter 1 ending with someone tearing the heart out? that wasn't a just a jump scare. that happened. and it was done again, turns out Heartless Kris is the one causing the dark worlds to spring up out of nowhere with a knife. and they just did it to their own house while Toriel and Susie were inside after slashing the tires. and they didn't put the Heart back in this time....they kept it out to be consumed by the darkness.

the Queen being Lancer's Mom makes a lot of sense actually. Guess the queen card of that deck got lost in the library one day.

I'm liking the Susie/Noelle romance here though. its actually pretty cute and well done.

also Ralsei outright stating how the world is going to end if your open too much dark fountains despite the all the cool wonder worlds that result was a bit of a reveal. the Roaring sounds a bit creepier than most darkness based apocalypses for some reason.

though there is some weirdness: Ralsei says that Darkners can't last long outside their own dark worlds....yet he and his fountain are somehow an exception due to being "pure darkness"? what? and if too many dark fountains are opened, why is he not closing his own? they seem to literally revert back to being inanimate objects and are completely aware of it to some extent. he could just be dealing straight and making a Darkner refuge where they can all live without screwing up the Lightner's world.....or there could be something else going on. after all. Ralsei's own Dark World would have to been opened somehow to and if not by Heartless Kris.....who else? and why now? maybe Ralsei is being straight with us, but he is only a pawn in someone else's plan. and Determination returns as a force in this world, but not playing the same role as it did in Undertale with any Lightner being able to use it and it being the key to expand the dark fountains somehow.

also Heartless Kris is probably the person who cut the internet last night then caused the dark world to open in the library computer room.

Sans continues to have offhand meta-knowledge. while also having a flirty relationship with Toriel while he and Asgore.....have maybe passive-aggressive/snarky back and forth about plants? it seems like Sans is aware of whats going with this relationship triangle but Asgore isn't. I'm watching you "janitor". I doubt you'll have anything to do with the main plot, but you still know something of what is going on.

Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2021-09-18 at 12:32 PM.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".