View Single Post

Thread: Deltarune Chapter 2 release 17 Sep

1. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Deltarune Chapter 2 release 17 Sep

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVid View Post
    When I first fired it up, I got hit with an error code and crashed in the first room of the Dark World... and considering this series, I didn't know if that was intended or not.

I knew I was going to like this one mechanically when the tutorial told us about the many quality of life changes since Chapter 1... and the discovery that Ch 2 brought in a mechanic from one of my all time favorite RPGs, Suikoden. And damn, it felt good to get as many answers about what was going on as we did. Things we'd been speculating on for years being cleared up was great, especially when our theories turned out to be right. Honestly, I was not going to be happy if we kept being strung along for however long... Especially since the chapter select screen has seven slots.

Sadly, like my Chapter 1 playthrough, I missed several things, including not being able to reach the secret boss, and I'm not sure about replaying for that... I feel like I should treat Deltarune like I did Undertale, and my first run going in blind is my canon playthrough. Looking at vids of the bonus boss, he's no Jevil, but it looks like there's already an established theme for hidden bosses: People who went world-shakingly insane due to learning things Darkners Were Not Meant to Know about the way their world really works.

Also, when we got our first hints to the identity of the Knight, I immediately jumped to a conclusion I thought was crazy, but then turned out to be even more right than I expected. I was more disturbed than gratified at being correct, though...
    I didn't get the crash or the error code. its not intended.

Spoiler: spoilers for those who haven't beaten the chapter
    Show

I've spoken with Seam after beating Spamton NEO. apparently as long as you beat an optional boss in the past you can somehow get a dark crystal in the present/show up somehow. I think its implying that as long as you beat the optional bosses on any save file, later chapters will make sure you get the dark crystal in some manner.

also I like how Susie keeps avoiding mentioning her parents and looks surprised at Toriel and her home, which implies to me that Susie doesn't have the best home life. she gives off abused-child-turned teenager vibes and its just more obvious now that she is actually getting friendship and love from others.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2021-09-18 at 11:40 PM.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".