1. - Top - End - #11
    Closed Account

Default Re: Could prestidigitation be used to clean poison off an enemy's arrow?

Quote Originally Posted by elyktsorb View Post
    I dunno, would a dm allow you to remove poison from a drink or meal by using prestidigitation?
    Prestidigitation can instantaneously clean or soil an object no larger than 1 cubic foot.

Instantly cleaning an apple isn't going to be helpful if the poison is inside the apple; if, however, the apple was coated externally with contact poison, "cleaning" the apple should likely include removing the application of poison.

Prestidigitation being able to clean the layer of poison applied to the arrowhead, seems a sound use to me.

The only pitfall I see, is the magical cleaning will likely apply to the single drawn arrow. If the Yuan-ti notices that the arrow has been de-venomed, the Yuan-ti may simply draw another envenomed arrow from their quiver.

Now, if the Yuan-ti decides to use their action to Investigate the arrow...that is probably the best outcome. Alas..I don't think this outcome is likely.
    Last edited by Thunderous Mojo; 2021-09-19 at 09:26 AM.