1. - Top - End - #1472
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Tarmor's Terribly Tantalizing Tarasque Terrrifying Random Banter #234

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    I'd be okay with living in the back of a solar-powered self-driving van?

Just keep driving around the country only stopping when I want or need to.

That's obviously not viable in real life for a thousand and one reasons, but...

Honestly, that's a thing with me. I'd like to live forever, I'd like to be a dragon, and I'd like to have a place for my stuff and the ability to live a life without everyday stress.

Island, cottage, back of a van, ghost ship, magic tent that's bigger on the inside, and people don't notice it if I don't want them to, TARDIS...

...Serious question: Would immortality be more palatable if you had equally immortal friends/family and the means to travel to any point in time across infinite parallel realities? Never have to worry about being stranded in a void, never have to worry about running out of things to do.

...Wait, I think I've asked that before.

It's just... No worries, no responsibilities, no deadlines, no anxiety, and existential dread. You're working? You're doing things you want to do for your own fulfillment. Don't feel like doing anything today? That's fine. Wanna go on a long walk and then set up camp at wherever you happened to end up before walking back in the morning? Go for it. Wanna go back in time and watch the original Star Wars on opening night in the theatre?

I find that imagining a situaiton where stress is impossible to be relaxing.
    Serious question: Why do you care how other people value immortality? It shouldn't affect how you value it at all, but you keep trying to rephrase and slightly change things to see if you can get others to agree or find it more palatable. But you don't really need to because it's irrelevant to how you value it.

You don't have to answer, btw, it's fine being rhetorical.
    Last edited by Peelee; 2021-09-19 at 07:32 PM.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2