Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
....who said anything about forcing it on people? Sharing knowledge doesn't mean forcing people to accept the knowledge.
Ethically it would have to be an all-or-nothing thing: If only some people are immortal, and the existence of immortality is a known phenomenon, then either the immortals would become a ruling class, or they'd be a discriminated-against minority.

Or at least what's what all of human history has taught me. But I'm a cynical ******* so grain of salt.

Of course, I could keep it secret, only share it with my closest friends and then just spend an eternity hanging out with my immortal bros and bro-ettes... But then I'd be letting people die when it was within my power to save their lives and that would probably be the worst posisble thing I could do.

Granted, a form of immortality that isn't viable for mass production, such as an "only certain people can be immortal" or "only so many immortals can exist at once" situation hoarding it becomes less morally reprehensible, but I'm assuming it's not arbitrary for the sake of discussion.