Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
1. Stat adjustments are massively overrated (which is directly responsible for ridiculously weak races getting a +1 LA (khm, hobgoblin, khm)).
2. Many of those dwarven racial traits are incredibly situational or of very limited use. An at-will move action gaze attack (as sleep but actually useful bacause it scales) is, in turn, quite strong and let's not even get into the norrag's Wand Charge and Wandlore (I mean, innate capability to produce a vastly superior version of eternal wands without a single spellcasting level PLUS a wand-specific Deceive Item-equivalent (but better!) is simply not playing in the same league as stuff like stonecunning, stability and weapon familiarity combined).
1. Yes and no. It depends on how they are being valued. It would take a lot to make stat adjustments worth a +1 LA on their lonesome, as you note; but conversely, net negative adjustments to stats have the potential to be severely impactful depending on how they land.
2. A bonus to all saving throws against spells is not situational. Many of the others are - but it's important to note that this also applies in a meaningful sense to the abilities of norrags, etc. as well. Lundrias, for example, get increased essentia capacity on brow chakra soulmelds, but this feature only comes online at 9th level at the earliest, and the brow chakra is relatively limited in application. Norrags can indeed make wands, but are still required to front the costs for doing so, must still make Use Magic Device checks to employ such a wand if they are not capable of using it via their class, and it's just a regular ordinary wand if sold or handed off to anybody else. It gives them appreciable flexibility, yes, but is still ultimately situational unless they are willing to meaningfully invest WBL to do things with it, which at that point is an allocation of resources beyond your racial pick.

In any event, I do not believe they are excessively "over the curve" or would merit adjustment to LA +1. You are welcome to disagree, and of course the great merit of D&D is that DMs can take material and adjust it as they see fit to make it work in line with how they would like the game to operate. I believe that these races can stand alongside, rather than overtaking, elves and dwarves and all the rest.