Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
I wouldn't be so quick to undervalue the stuff with the wands. A crafted (massively superior eternal!) wand of CLW is well worth the expenditure even at a fairly low level and the quasi-Deceive Item makes UMDing it a child's play with a minimal investment into CHA (which the stat adjustment helps with). Also, unlike many of the dwarven traits, such as the +1 to hit against orcs and goblinoids, which become weaker and weaker to the point of irrelevance as the character levels, the usefulness of the wand traits increases with time.
It does, yes, but I like that about it - I enjoy exploring the space where racial options become more relevant over time rather than vastly less, which is also why the suanta have a scaling gaze ability. You do raise a good point about that one, though - I need to go revisit it as originally they could only sleep-zap someone they had already fascinated, which made it require a full round to get someone to sleep and thus was a less valuable proposition. As currently written it's more powerful than I want it to be.

Alright. It's your call, of course. You said PEACH, I gave my honest opinion, and if I'm not helpful, please do ignore me.
Oh no, I appreciate the feedback. It's important to see whether there are concerns and to appraise them against my design goals and intended metrics. As Alea noted above, there are several LA +0 races that easily outcompete these, but multiple perspectives never hurt when it comes to reviewing the minutiae of what these races are able to do and how it stacks against official races.