AC: 15/17 HP: 19/24
PP: 15 PIv: 12 PIs: 15
Conditions:
Concentration:

Kalib
Golden Eagle Familiar (Hawk size/stats)
AC: 13 HP: 1/1
PP: 14, adv. on Perception (Sight), but no darkvison

"Better to face the secrets of Calen's vision as a band. The iron flesh's guiding spirit may lead the way."

From his perch on Yusha's shoulder, Kalib extends his wings to their full length, partially obscuring the Ironborn's face as he gives off a screech.

Let's not get carried away, Kalib. The eagle's head snaps towards Yusha, wings still extended. She merely meant that you would be of assistance leading us back to the site of the goblin's lair. We do not lead men. We guide. Kalib's wings sag before he folds them back up, talons digging painfully into Yusha's shoulder.

Yusha had listened in silence as the group debated their course of action. Now he stares at Greck and Calen for an extra moment, keenly aware that some of the bleeding-hearts like humans and half-bloods could be susceptible to lies.

The faithful of Abadar knew what to expect from goblins. Many of the Justicars spoke long and loudly about how they planned to bring balance to the bottom-dwellers. At first Yusha had registered surprise and confusion, but he was quickly taught that their fervor was justified. Proper, even.

Yusha manifests two images side by side. One shows a band of goblins in neat rows marching under a white flag in broad daylight, engaging a human in discussion. Another image next to it shows anarchy, fireworks going off in the night as civilians are carried away by these little sleepwalking ravagers. A caption lies below both pictures.

"Do not forget that their kind did not come in peace, nor did this one explain its 'purpose' until captured."

Strange. Despite her apparent lack of propriety, the beast-elf made a cogent, if inarticulate, point. The goblins would indeed ambush them if they sought diplomacy. Such things were to be expected of their kind.

Greck had held the line against four or five goblins on his own, crushing two. Calen had effectively ended the fight when a handful had remained. They were an investment, perhaps? If they could be made to see that goblins can't be trusted, they would make incredible allies in recovering the civilians and the cyphers. They could even be valuable in future endeavors. They just needed someone to forewarn them of the ambush that would come, and to help them understand after.

"I will join you. I do not know what to make of Umeli's machine, or the visions they awoke in you Master Calen, but I'll not leave in ignorance. Let us go together and find out what lies beneath the hills. Please, just be prepared for tricks in dealing with these goblins."

Two for diplomacy, two against, and one balanced on a knife's edge between them. A good omen. A reminder that imbalance could lead to balance.

"I have not secured lodging this evening, but if one of you knows a suitable place and will help me secure the prisoner, I can watch it through the night."

Spoiler: OOC
Show

Nat 1 on goblin Insight last time just as a bonus.

Spoiler: Journal
Show