Quote Originally Posted by Ionathus View Post
I'm not sure what you're saying. Are you arguing that Xykon has no reason not to live next to the Gate once he's used it to control the Snarl? Or are you saying that Serini would have to spend several months knocking out and memory-wiping adventurers during the time it would take Xykon to complete The Ritual?
I'm saying that whichever adventurers she is counting on to topple his rule eventually have a chance to themselves put the final Gate in danger through their conflict. She could of course devote the rest of her life to taking down anyone who might go after Xykon to protect the Gate from their conflict. It would certainly be amusing to watch her switch to defending the guy who wrecked her so thoroughly before. But even if she's perfectly successful at that, she's quite old and appears to be a spinster.

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
By not talking to them, she does not confirm that she is even I've and keeps the element of surprise in case she needs to deal with them. She stands to lose that by talking to them.
But realistically she still has that. Even if they somehow come to suspect that she isn't their ally (epic rogue can't Bluff? What?) they'd still have no idea she has a bunch of monsters at her beck and call, or what magic items she has at her disposal, etc.