View Single Post

Thread: D&D 5e: Arcana of the Ancients (IC)

1. - Top - End - #113
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: D&D 5e: Arcana of the Ancients (IC)

Calen Damora
    Human Wizard 3
    AC: 10 HP: 17/17
    Conditions: Exhausted 1
    Concentration: none

As soon as the Dragon mentions leaving for the Hills under cover of darkness, a wave of exhaustion washes over Calen, making his head spin. The imagined faces of the captured townsfolk swim before his eyes; they could be in danger, only more so with every hour...but they won't do anyone any good if they set off unprepared. "If we can wait until morning to set out, I can prepare fresh spells," he offers. "I'm not exactly a battlemage, but I do know a few more that would be useful if there's trouble." He can't quite bring himself to mention that he feels on the point of passing out where he stands...especially not in front of Shalar. That comes as a surprise. Why does he suddenly care so much what she thinks of him?

Ar-Raaqis does bring up a good point about the goblin sending its sight to the Safeguard, anyway. "Let's see..." Kneeling down, he holds the mirror up to the captive goblin. "Kip, can you make out anything?" The black glass lights up again, more runes scrolling across it. Calen scrutinizes the flow, searching. After perhaps a minute, he lowers the device and turns back to the others. "There's a connection, but it seems like it's weak at this distance. I'd say he's gotten across that he was captured and someone's coming, but I don't think he can send exactly what he's seeing or hearing."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    14 Arcana to find out if the goblin is transmitting data.
    Last edited by Amaril; 2021-09-24 at 10:38 AM.