Quote Originally Posted by LCP View Post
“I suppose those poor fools in the Lost Library came the closest. Casting it into another world entirely… that was some magic worthy of a master.” He looked to Elsa, the reflection of the lamplight making his eyes gleam brightly under the shadows of the owl mask. “I don’t suppose they had the blessing of the Colleges, either.”
The Lost Library, thought Elsa bitterly. What if we had never gone there? We had no reason to go. None, but curiosity and greed.

"That was... powerful magic, yes," Elsa allowed reluctantly, not too happy with the priest's way of looking at it. "Dark magic, magic that made a new tear in the veil between our reality and the Realm of Chaos. I hope that when all is said and done, none of us have to choose between serving the Dark Gods and surrendering to the dead."

And she had come perilously close to doing the former... How long had it been since she swore off the use of Dhar? Was it long enough for its taint upon her soul to have faded? Or did it leave marks that would never quite go away?

Elsa stopped walking shortly before reaching the ballroom, looking thoughtful. "I've learned a bit about the history of the Elven loremasters. They founded the Colleges, after all, and they wanted to make sure we lowly humans remembered what we owed them. Have you heard of Caledor Dragontamer?"