View Single Post

Thread: Roy Greenhilt is useless?

1. - Top - End - #281
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Roy Greenhilt is useless?

Quote Originally Posted by TooSoon View Post
    As was said, there has been a belated attempt to develop Durkon and V more, but the two of them have the least comic appearances for a reason.
    Durkon is one thing, but I don't see how you can reasonably call V's arc and subsequent ongoing character development "belated". And also, it seems like you're conflating "doesn't do everything" with "lack of development". To which I say... no? Those things aren't the same.

And as others have combat proficiency and character development also aren't the same thing. The story can used improved proficiency as an avenue to show how the characters have developed as characters, but that is not going to be the primary focus because that's not what these characters are about. If that's your primary or sole metric for development I can see why you'd be annoyed, but I'm also glad the writer doesn't share your point of view on the matter.
    Last edited by Rrmcklin; 2021-09-25 at 12:59 PM.
    I'd just like to point out that saying that something unsupported is the case unless someone else can prove that it is not is an utter failure of logic. - Kish