Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
[Lapis and Anika in Cake Finding Adventure]

And here we have Lapis and Anika sitting in the lion-sized cat tree.

Honestly the only other time it has been used recently is when children have been at the tavern and decided to use it as playground equipment. Which, given the woeful lack of big cats of late, is a pretty reasonable use.

"Mother used to own a pet store a long time ago," Lapis recalls. "But it's been a really long time since anyone wanted pets, I guess? And it got sold to someone at Mallside after That Day happened."

And K'rax got blown up.

Hard to run a store when you're dead.

"Maybe the pet store is still there? They might sell cats."

Maybe even large ones.

That's probably easier than trying to catch one.

"How come Blanche needs a tiger?"

And excellent question.
[Lapis and Anika in Cake Finding Adventure]

Anika sits down and let's her feet dangle off the giant cat tree.
"Well... Blanche doesn't need a pet, I mean she does but not the cuddly kind of pet. Though that would be a neat bonus. No, what Blanche needs is something like a partner. Something that can help show off how badass she is. See, whenever we're involved in some big fight I can't help but to think that she's feeling a bit..." Anika makes a circular gesture with her hand as she's trying to think of a good word. "...inadequate compared to people like Wenomir. She really isn't but it's not like she can help that everything we fight is somehow immune to bullets or can just be poked with magic or whatever. It's just unfair, don't you think? Figured a pet would help her out a bit."