[Drinks With Fiendling]

"I'm pretty sure he isn't crushing on me," Zee points out. "I mean, if he were I probably would have noticed by now."

Unless it's been so obvious that it hasn't actually been mentioned in writing anywhere.

Zee is...

Weird.

Her ability to 'see' the world around her involves reading the world lines associated with different objects and entities within the Game. This tends to lend to her deep insight into what's going on. It also results in her missing things that would be glaringly obvious to literally anyone else. The reason she seems so air-headed sometimes is that the amount of information she has to process at any given moment is absolutely staggering. Sometimes she fixates on the wrong details.

"Besides, thinking you're better than you really are isn't all bad. At least so long as it doesn't get extreme. Thinking that you're more terrible than you are is a real problem, though. It results in people being paralyzed with self-loathing! And that isn't good for someone or anyone around them."

Zee sees quite a bit of the self-loathing, being a bar tender and all.

[Lapis and Anika in Cake Finding Adventure]

"Oooooh! I get it! She needs a big kitty that can fight at her side!" Lapis gasps. "That way when bad guys are trying to fight the kitty she can shoot at them safely!"

That's what the cat is for, right?

Pulling mobs so the hunter can keep shooting from a distance.

"I know what you mean... There are lots of things I can do that my friends can't. It isn't fair. And I guess some people do things I can't? Like dreaming. You dream, right Anika? What's it like?"