Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
Yes, X-Men Dark Phoenix was an amazing movie.
*Presses X to doubt*

Overall, I was...pleasantly surprised by Shang-Chi. Now, I didn't know much at all about the comics...I know of the ten rings/mandarin solely as an occasional old timey adversary from old marvel comics, but never honestly knew all that much about 'em. In this? Decent mix of stuff, overall a fun watch. I'd certainly place it above Black Widow in terms of filmmaking.

If we're getting into quibbles, yeah, I did find the bowshot to be...needlessly convenient. Making the comic relief character suddenly essential is...ehh. This ain't the only film to do it, but it does strain credibility somewhat. Skills were otherwise set up fairly well for all the other characters. I think they were making his dad out to be a hard man, but not actually a monster. This is...an interesting path to take. Sure, we know that he probably has done some dubious stuff, and we're told of his conquering, but that is kind of how life used to be. Lots of conquering in history. It stops short of making him irredeemable, and that's alright in my book.

A fair bit of this is probably on the lead. I've enjoyed him in Kim's Convenience, and perhaps a bit of that like transferred over. He manages to convey being a bit of a badass while not being, yknow...boring.

As for the Snap/Blip, well, fortunately it wasn't *that* central to this movie. But that is probably going to be something of an awkward choice that the MCU will just continue to ignore henceforth. *shrug*