Quote Originally Posted by paladinofshojo View Post
Technically there are a lot of good people in the setting, hell, most of the mayors and town guards that the party encounter are usually just normal people trying to live their lives….

But like I said earlier, they live in a feudal monarchy, as such their land is owned by aristocracy and the overarching government of the country is compromised solely of whichever aristocracy the crown appoints, which is usually done via nepotism or bribes….

They don’t have to, it’s a sandbox game, as such they can play however they want…. If they want to eschew the Crown’s politics and just focus on dungeon diving or hunting monsters in the wilderness then they are free to do so.

I’ve had several Robin Hood rebel characters who were making such humanitarian promises during my games, but for some reason my party do not like this archetype… at all.

This type of character has been brutally killed whenever I tried to “reboot” the concept.
I am sorry when I answered I was replying to an incomplete version of your post and I realised it right now.