1. - Top - End - #100
    Barbarian in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Does anyone else feel that their players kinda fetishize Royalty?

Quote Originally Posted by Segev View Post
    I suppose my question is, if it's a sandbox...why are you so upset that they're choosing a side?

It seems to be a side that rewards them. Perhaps they're not playing paragon heroes, but rather mercenaries?
    The main gripe I have is that they aren’t actually developing their characters or even coming up with their own character goals… but rather expecting someone with authority (who is controlled by me) to give them a quest to do…

It kinda defeats the purpose of giving them the freedom to explore and impact the world when all they are going to do is willingly get railroaded by their DM.

I am not asking for them to play as “paragons” I just want them to actually have some developments. Right now, their characters are right above RPG video game silent heroes in terms of actual personalities.

I feel like that’s the problem here, they are playing this game like Dark Souls or Skyrim where they see a systemic problem but feel like the only option they have is to hit it really hard with a sword or fire bolt.
    Last edited by paladinofshojo; 2021-09-29 at 10:05 AM.