Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
The Trust-Worthy Hotel

"Of course, miss. Would you like a maid or a valet? During your stay, they will do anything you ask of them. We have spares that aren't on cleaning duty right now." The receptionist bobs her head, scoops the rubies up and pops them into a drawer underneath, and produces a plastic keycard. She'll hand it over; both the plastic key and her hand have a symbol on, printed on the key and tattooed on her hand- a T and a W overlaid each other, and with her other hand she presses a button so a bell rings.

Shortly after the bell rings, a maid arrives. She's a young ratgirl with short white hair- more like fur- on her head, large green eyes and large ears. The TW symbol has been branded into her left ear, and she walks with a notable limp. She wears a traditional maid dress, though it's been cut rather short and paired with long white stockings. A long tail protrudes from underneath it. Her pale skin seems to bruise easily, as there's several old and yellow bruises on her arms. She's also got a long nose and buck teeth overgrowing her lower lip, and she's got a black eye. In addition to the maid dress and apron, she wears black pumps with no heel and another brass choker like those worn by the receptionists. "This guest has booked the Master's Suite. Please show her the way." The ratmaid's eyes widen as she drops into a curtsy at the words. The receptionist is frowning at her face. "...Are you really the only one available? I think milady would prefer a maid with less... damage." The ratgirl lowers her eyes at the potential rebuke, but does defend herself.
"Molly is sick, ma'am, and in the hospital. Fiona left with the manager and hasn't come back. All the others have cleaning duties, ma'am, except Sally who is expecting. Abbi is all that's available, and the best masseuse on staff." The receptionist nods agreement and goes back to the gladiator fights.

"If milady would follow Abbi, we shall go to the top floor and your suite. Would milady prefer to take the stairs or the lift?" Abbi really hopes it's the lift; the stairs are bad on her ankle.
[Trust-Worthy Hotel]

Hana was just coming off a long, arduous trip, and the receptionist just said the Master Suite is on the top floor. Stairs are out of the question.

"We'll take the lift... Abbi." Hana says, taking a moment to realize the ratgirl was talking about herself in the third person. Awkward. "And none of that 'milady' stuff. My name is Hana. Call me by that."

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
[Tempest Row]

"I would ask you for a certain number of services," the King explains. "To kill the right people, sabotage something or someone... I would make your help a precise instrument to disrupt Skyside when and where I need it."
[Tempest Row]

"I see." Klaus strokes his chin as he considers the deal. It seems pretty straightforward to him; the King in Rags grants him some supernatural powers, and in return, he works for the man. Simple enough in theory. In practice... well, there was quite a bit thay could go wrong.

Which is why he adds to the proposal:

"What do you say to a trial run?"