Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
"At walking pace, I reckon it's probably a couple of days out. Fortunately we're not limited to walking pace. Well, as long as ya don't mind takin' a ride on my back, anyways." Atreyu answers with a chuckle. "Don't suppose you've got any experience ridin' wolfback, Missy?" He asks, teasingly. "Ain't a problem anyways, I'll show ya how it's done. Doin' that means we can get there in a day, camp out fer the night, and head into the place the followin' morning. Assuming it only takes a day's adventurin' to get what we need, we should be lookin' at a three day round trip. Maybe pack fer a bit longer, just in case. But don't worry 'bout food. I got us covered there one way or another without needin' to take any with us."
In a normal conversation, Kestrel may have missed the innuendo's and eyebrow waggling Atreyu was aiming towards her. But the reminders he had been dropping earlier to tease her with had made her well aware of exactly what she was doing. Kestrel fake-coughed into her elbow, trying to hide the blush returning to her face and doing her best to act unphased.

"W-Well that sounds better than walking," she started, mentally cursing the stutter that crept into her voice whenever she was teased like this. "As long as you don't c-carry me in the same way you d-did last time!" Oh dear. Compose yourself, Kestrel. You're not doing a good job at this whole 'pretending his teasing isn't affecting you' thing. "And if you got food handled I honestly don't needta pack much." Although maybe she should listen to Atreyu's advice and pack a bit extra. After all, not packing enough was one of the reasons she had needed Atreyu's help in the Hunting Grounds.