1. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Default Re: World of Warcraft - Interbellum (OOC Thread)

Acknowledged, Feathersnow! I'm planning on being pretty abstract about money in this game - I'll be damned if I'm going to complicate my life and yours by requiring everyone to track pennies and figure out how much each ogre head consumes in food and drink per week. But I welcome players making any presumptive rolls they want in their posts to economize on time - the worst I can say is "it doesn't apply."

In this case, it might have applied a little bit if only for your allies to be impressed that you increased the reward pot - but an eight, sadly won't make the bacon. :D

Also, WindStruck, concerning your character's name - Going by Arkhana'Skrit or Runescribe works for me! Elves in the lore seem to usually have names like you said - Feathermoon, Windrunner, Starbreeze - but we have to assume those are common translations of elven names for use in the lingua franca. Additionally, I postulate (and because I'm running the game, have decided) that while elves might have an inherited 'family name' that is expressly tied to ancestors, they may or may not use as their presented 'second name' in introductions. I'm forced to assume that elves as individuals and perhaps as families choose their second name or have it bestowed upon them according to some cultural mechanism. I get to his because shortly after Kael'Thas Sunstrider (a good, high elven 'sun' name) renamed his high elven remnant "blood elves", you started running into elves with names like "Bloodstar" and "Bloodscorn", which obviously relate to the rebranding of their race! So the final verdict is: choose the name that sounds coolest to you, and that'll work just fine.
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2021-10-03 at 08:05 AM.