Quote Originally Posted by Cikomyr2 View Post
Let me tell you right away that the Grandiosity of the series so far is about the huge imperial institutions. There hasn't been any starship pew pew yet, and the series doesn't look like it will focus necessarily on THAT
Possibly. I don't have the ability to watch it right now anyway, it's just that the promotional material I had seen seemed very unfoundation.

If I may just spoil a little thing for you. It's not a big deal, but it may reassure you.
Spoiler: Minor Spoiler and Theories
Show

I believe the series will follow both the ascension of the Foundation, and also the spiraling of the Empire as parallel plots. So the space battles/ground battles you seen are probably.. the story of the Fall of Trantor? Which is inevitable?

if I could venture a guess about the series creators' intent, they probably want to show the contrast of the rising Foundation that is built on practical matters like trade, technology and diplomacy vs the falling Empire which has relied too long on either promise or display of violence.
I honestly wondered if they were taking it of context clips that would be down some Seldom"s trial is going on.

Another work? I've found out that it's apparently planned for eight series. Even assuming UK series lengths (six to twelve episodes) I'm not quite sure that the original trilogy could be told in more than one series per book without becoming bloated. Are Foundation's Edge and Foundation and Earth really large enough to justify it?

Although if we'd reached the second book space battles would make more sense, because the first story kind of makes the point in your spoiler.