[Lapis and Anika in Cake Finding Adventure]

A kitty tag team.

"But Blanche isn't really a kitty, is she? I've seen cats before they're different. She's just got cat ears and a tail but she really doesn't act like a cat," Lapis reasons.

Or, at the very least, not like a cat that Lapis has ever met before.

Usually they just lay around in the sun and hunt sometimes and some of them are nice and let you pet them but others just run away if you try to pet them.

Lapis hasn't found any rhyme or reason to whether a cat is a petty cat or a runny cat.

This is a deep mystery, of course. Maybe she'll solve it some day.

"But if you can turn into a great big cat can't you just be the one that protects her? Or maybe you want her to have an extra cat for when you aren't around?" Lapis asks.

Lapis has many questions.

This is a result of being very young and having an at best tentative grasp of how things work.

"Is the Emerald Dream like the Dreamlands? That's where mortal souls go when people sleep. Or that's what Mother told me. I've never dreamed before so I don't know."

[Drinks With Fiendling]

"Some people think that they're absolute garbage, yes" Zee agrees helpfully. "I meet lots of them here. Try to cheer them up. I do what I can to make the world a little brighter."

That's what stars do after all.

They shine.

"So, I suppose, the question tonight is what you're doing here?"