View Single Post

Thread: Planeside 3

1. - Top - End - #153
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Planeside 3

Quote Originally Posted by Fenric View Post
    [Dho Chladach]

Yi continues her vigil while the avatar rests. Out of curiousity, she summons her ball and idly scrys the past of this area: not really looking for anything in particular, just poking around for anything of interest.
    [Dho Chladach]

[Twenty-Three Years Ago]
    Hail!
    Hail!
    Hail!

Chant the cadre of silver knights as they pour over the village, weapons drawn as they heard the horned townspeople toward large, cage-backed carts.

"By order of his majesty, King Arnbaith the Unbroken, the fiendlings of Burning Beach are to submit to relocation beyond Maesda's northern border. Any who stay behind will be found guilty of treason against the crown and put to death by beheading. Any who return after relocation will be found similarly guilty of treason and likewise beheaded. This is the will of King Arnbaith; hail to the King!"

Hail!
    Hail!
    Hail!

The chorus continues, as the knights crowd the carts full and lock them up, some already starting on the bumpy, miserable ride to the north.

A little ways away, two of the knights wrestle a curly-haired horned youth to the ground, holding his arms at his sides. "You should know better than to speak to us that way, brat!"

"Leave him alone! He's just a boy, he didn't mean it!"

"Like hell he didn't." One of the knights sneers. "...You know what I think, Abel?"

"What's that, Seth?"

"I think the little blighter was trying to run. Don't you?" The knight draws his sword, and-
    The vision goes black, the last echoes of the horrified mother's scream dying away in the distance.

Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    Scorching Depths
    "Time here is fluid for those with the power to use it. Depending on who you ask, you've been talking to me here for ten minutes or over a week. I'm just exerting a little of my influence to ensure you'll arrive right when she starts." That might be worrying to hear, but it should be fine, right?
    Right?
    [Scorching Depths]

Braon doesn't really think anything of it as she heads to the courtyard. At worst, she's been missing for a while... but who cares, right? Sekhmet gave her free rein of the palace. She didn't expect her to be easy to find in all that time, did she?

In short, Braon might not be entirely prepared when she walks in on Sekhmet holding court.
    Last edited by Ironsmith; 2021-10-08 at 01:14 AM.