After the meeting in the Lobby

Spoiler
Show
Quote Originally Posted by PepperP. View Post

"No offense taken."
Lavender replied with a tight smile, obviously offended.

"Interesting you imbued your butler with such a modern skillset since your own views are so... old fashioned. Did you inherit him?" She blinked innocently at the verbose man and favored him with a sweet smile.

Giovani let out a light huff rippling his bushy mustache.

"I prefer classic myself."

Giovani shrugged obviously taken aback, he'd heard this refrain before. Too many young people these days were too eager to discount the arts of anima and blood. He then turned to Felix, gently taking out his handkerchief, and began dutifully polishing the doll's porcelain visage.

"That's a complicated question miss, yes I did inherit Felix, and yes I did make him. The Zapata line has been making intelligent dolls for over a century, each Zapata iterating and improving on initial the model to create a perfect manservant."

He looked back at Lavender with a strange mix of and morose, like a tutor forced to fail their favorite student. His eyes betraying the weight of recent events on his psyche he quietly responded. " In a world of people willing to stab you in the back, your best ally is the one you make yourself."

40th and Spencer

Trying his best to keep his voice down, was for Giovani, like trying to prevent the steam from exiting the teapot. The effort leaving his face red and mustache bristling. Felix was doing his best to relive this unenviable state of affairs by slowly massaging the man's shoulders. There were just always so many knots, it just isn't good for a bad back.

"With my command of Anima and can make any one of you much faster than you may otherwise be seizing them like an owl seizes a mouse."

Unable to resist he begins rapidly pointing to Lavender, Zeb, and Constantine, unable to decide which.

"Of course if you're committed to a distraction strategy, Felix has a violin solo just for this occasion, and what dare I say is more amateurish than playing the concerto of the Emerald Sky at a rescue and not at a celebration. The discordance is maddening if I say so myself. "