View Single Post

Thread: [WFRP] The Bloody Crown XIII

1. - Top - End - #536
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [WFRP] The Bloody Crown XIII

12th Nachexen - Castel d'Irena

Though she had only known them for a few days almost two years ago, Elsa was glad to be reunited with Sorin and Skender. In truth she found them a much better addition to a traveling party than proper soldiers would have been, as they knew the Raven Hills and the way of their people and would undoubtedly be better company than any poor sod Carraciolo assigned to her. She brought them up to speed about her friends—Sieghard's heroics with both sword and spear, Ludo's cleverness, Viggo's misadventures ending with him getting dragged off to his wedding, and Adelbert's unfortunate demise—while trying as much as possible to sidestep the issue of the war and Sforza. She introduced Tatiana to them, and explained the reason for her trip to Morr's Seat.

"...So if the hill people have any old legends that can help us, I want to hear them from their own mouths. The Broken Reaches have always been ruled by outsiders, and outsiders think they know everything. The longer I spend in this land, the more I realize they know nothing."

16th Nachexen - Hartmut's Fall

Elsa was surprised that the Tileans had let a strategically located stronghold such as Hartmut's Fall go ungarrisoned. Were they truly that confident that they no longer needed it?

That night, as they shivered around a fire, Elsa peered at the map. "They say wolves prowl around Morr's Seat," she noted, addressing the two mercenaries, "so I'd avoid setting up camp too close to it. I suggest we have a short second day of travel, and a long third day. Is Greasy Drop a safe stop? I don't know what's become of it since that crazy old priest left the place."
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2021-10-09 at 02:56 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:
    Voyages of the Ghostlight (Risus)

Playing:
    The Bloody Crown (WFRP) as Elsabeth Holt, rogue pyromancer and court wizard

Quote Originally Posted by TheSummoner View Post
    Oh wow. I will never again underestimate [our characters'] ability to turn friendly conversation into a possible life or death situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeSwordfish View Post
    Ludo has a crowbar, if that helps.