Quote Originally Posted by Kane0 View Post
I think im more on favor of tying supermartial abilities to tier or prof bonus rather than an each-level basis
I can definitely agree with this, I feel like a fair bit of the more generic systems really should have there calculations preformed outside of Class Level, ASI's being the prime example in 5e. It's honestly a big part of why I loved Path of War and most other product lines that publisher did, they did a fantastic job accounting for Multiclassing in a fair and balanced way that I wish WotC would bring to 5e.

You see, Path of War (not sure about Tomb of Battle) had this mechanic where Maneuvers keyed of there own Leveling system similar to Caster Levels, except they had one major difference in the fact that you still got progress towards your Maneuvers even if you multiclassed into a Class that didn't get them at a rate of half progression. as an example if you were a Path of War Class 5 and Base Class 6, you'd have Maneuvers the same as an 8th level character. or to put it into 5e terms if you made a Wizard 10/Cleric 10 you'd have Spells Known as if you were 15th level in each class (Or access to 8th level spells in both classes). this to me would be a huge improvement as it would allow for more flexibility when trying to make concepts that don't have an easy subclass option.