Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
[Demands of Snakes]

Astrana nods as she goes about preparing for the ritual. It doesn't take long once she has the venom. Within just fifteen minutes, which is partly Astrana double-checking everything, they've gathered around the circle and waiting a result.

Apparently it can take a while until there's a response.

Dena shows no obvious signs of stress but Kirk already knows this is just a facade. Astrana looks calm and collected too but in her case she's probably not hiding anything underneath it.

Then all of sudden the summoning circle bursts into life and the disembodied head of a giant serpent appears. Just small enough to fit within the confines of the circle.
It's wearing a hat and appears strangely animate for a serpent. While it doesn't have eyebrows it scales seem to subtly shift in color mimic them as it gives them a look of what seems to be surprise.
It looks like Astrana is about to speak when the serpent interrupts her. "I might not be who you called for, but as you have been redirected to my department so might as well try to help you in any way I can. I am the Administrator for the Outer Realms, which happens to include the nexus."

Astrana and Dena exchange glances (and perhaps Kirk too). This was not what she had expected at all. "It's... apparently I need your permission for a children?"

"A dragon child? You're absolutely correct, miss." The serpent seems to be looking down at something unseen. "But I don't see that any requests for a dragon being filled in." It's eyes flick up to them again. "Which department are you associated to exactly? Since I don't even see documentation of gorgons being in the nexus here I'm afraid. A quite serious clerical error."
[Demands of Snakes]

"Consider the request filed as of now." Kirk cuts in. "We're looking to get it done, and you'll need to help us. You can resolve your clerical errors on your own time, I'm sure." The drow goes on.