Quote Originally Posted by Burley View Post
I just... I don't know how it could be stated any clearer.
I posted this upthread but you didn't respond and I would be interested in your answer given your stance:

If a magical boot had the wording 'While you wear these boots you gain Y. When placed on someones head then X' would you argue that the boot does nothing when placed on someones head because the magic doesn't trigger as the boot is not being worn properly or would you accept that the specific instruction in the magic item clarifies how it works and that X happens?

If you want a practical example of an actual item, an astral shard says the following:

This crystal is a solidified shard of the Astral Plane, swirling with silver mist. As an action, you can attach the shard to a Tiny object (such as a weapon or a piece of jewelry) or detach it. It falls off if your attunement to it ends. You can use the shard as a spellcasting focus for your sorcerer spells while you hold or wear it.

When you use a Metamagic option on a spell while you are holding or wearing the shard, immediately after casting the spell you can teleport to an unoccupied space you can see within 30 feet of you.
Are you arguing that this item does not work while holding it despite the description clearly and explicity saying it does?