1. - Top - End - #11
    Halfling in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: New "A Monster for Every Season" - Summer 2 (now with new Virtual Tabletop Tokens

Oh my. Hours and hours of digital editing work for personal use of previous tokens over the years is now about to be made quite moot. :) These look so pretty that I'm here for it, though, definitely worth the funding to get the "official" ones.

As an "expert" on their use in VTT, I would offer the feedback that versions where the outside border can be recolored in MS Paint are very very handy (helps to identify them as friend/foe, under a certain spell/condition influence, or even just as a reference point when describing one from a group attacking). Also the backgrounds that you're adding look high quality/top notch, but I can easily see myself wanting to remove them sometimes because the motif doesn't "fit" the encounter (dungeon background for someone encountered outdoors, for example). Two versions with/without backgrounds would be far more valuable to me than the color/no-color we get on the printed works.

Just humble insights, I'm sure there's a lot about the process you're embarking on that I don't understand so my preferences should be completely ignored if they cause too much work generation. ;)

EDIT: Just looked over the FAQ. Could we get a master content list that covers all six products, like the one you made for Summer 2? It would be a GREAT sales aid (people would undoubtedly go shopping for needed monsters and realize they need to buy certain editions to get them), and I can't tell you how much time I've wasted scouring my sets because I couldn't remember what was where.
    Last edited by Arin; 2021-10-14 at 10:34 AM.