Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
Yeah, no. NONE of the Spider-man games envy the level of movement available in Shadow of War, except MAYBE the one for the N64? It especially doesn't hold a candle to the newer PS4 one.

It's not nearly as good as a ton of other games I've played either in terms of movement. It's a slightly jankier Assassin's Creed in that regard.
Fair enough, I already said superhero isn’t my genre. I think the last one I played was… X men Apocalypse? From like 2005. However, I do find it much better than the last Assassin’s Creed I played… which admittedly was Revelations (?) whatever the last of Ezio one’s was…( 3 was too much of a shovelware mess for me to touch it on release. Uplay was the nail in the coffin. ) The ability to jump from any height anywhere compared to only where there’s a bale of hay, or fast climb walls versus a iffy double jump, feels infinitely more satisfying. And that’s leaving out shadow strike/dash.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVid View Post
They will get stronger (sometimes a lot stronger, I've seen a Berzerker go from having 3 Enrage traits to *7*), but the chance of them losing a mortal weakness looks to be very low. I think I've seen it happen once or twice in all my playthroughs.

Of course, now that I've said that, the RNG will go completely against everyone here who tries the exploit, but that's the way it is.
I did it a few times (5<x<20), but the only mortal weakness I could find was terrified of stealth. He never lost it but it was an increasing hassle to be able to get to him fast enough to keep my low levels alive. Particularly if there wasn’t a convenient overhead ledge/rope. I ended up just offing him.

Quote Originally Posted by Cespenar View Post
Huh, didn't know that, but it makes sense, considering the care and effort that apparently went into the characterizations.
Neither did I, that’s great. There’s a few of the introductions I’d really like to be able to skip through or end. Particularly, the ambush ones. Like I don’t mind if you and 5 more buddies are jumping into the fight, but let’s get on with it, not listen to you babble on.

I’m mostly finished with the base game, I’m on the final stage of the shadow wars so only a couple sieges left. Gameplay wise I’m glad they cut down the amount of slog I have to do here. I appreciate the sieges, but they aren’t my preferred game style. I liked the early campaign ones, where you did prep work and eliminated warchiefs in advance to weaken defense much more. The online sprint through and win in <7 min for rewards are much less appealing. I hate the timer. I dislike how congested they can feel. The penultimate campaign fight on the bridge against the Nazgul was similarly annoying. I spent the majority of that fight accidentally whacking my own troops. Same thing with the defenses. I’d be happier just depopulating Mordor on my own, as a result I like the online vendettas much more. If people could just die to more interesting orcs, I’d be set.

Story-wise… Aggressively stupid was wildly optimistic. The less said about this the better.