View Single Post

Thread: Frontline control caster?

1. - Top - End - #9
    Bugbear in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default Re: Frontline control caster?

Alright, awesome! I am super glad to hear there are good reasons to do it!

Oh, the necromancer wizard one hits hard, lol. The campaign where I learned I love control casters was one where I played a necromancer wizard, and I remember having a lot of trouble deciding whether to play a human or a hobgoblin! A human was the right choice for the lore (Eberron, a former noble of cyre) but I kind of bummed to hear hobgoblin might have been more fun mechanically.
    That campaign wasn't too long ago, so I don't think I want to play another wizard yet, but I will keep that build in mind for the future!

How would a variant human(moderately armored) lore bard do? Swords bard was mentioned above, but I am not looking to gish. Grab counterspell for that closer range; you already have light armor in the class. Not sure how good bards are at crowd control, but I know they get hypnotic patterns which is one of my favorite spells.

What about a single-class draconic sorcerer? I usually try to avoid multiclassing, but the circadian does sound fun. Does a draconic sorcerer give you enough tackiness to land the same idea?
    Last edited by Rfkannen; 2021-10-16 at 02:28 PM.
    If you want to see some art here is my instagram https://www.instagram.com/rfkannen/