View Single Post

Thread: The Batman - 2022

1. - Top - End - #40
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: The Batman - 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    I wonder how people would react to a superman flick where there is no zod, no braniac, no doomsday, no darkseid. Its just clark kent trying to live his life as clark kent while not being able to ignore all the pain he can hear all the time in metropolis alone. Where its not an action film, its a dramatic one with character growth being the primary focus. Maybe put it so its right after he gets to metropolis and starts to experience how different it is from smallville. Living on the farm he isnt being exposed to literally millions of people with dozens to hundreds of crimes going on every day that he can hear taking place. He gets to experience the difficulty in being clark kent when superman is needed so often. A different version of tobys spiderman 2 where everyone sees him as unreliable because his time in the suit keeps getting in the way of time as himself. He is trying to be a reporter, trying to make friends, but he keeps getting called away to save lives and stop crimes and doesnt know what to do.
    I would love it. No small part of my complete lack of interest in the MCU currently is that every single story revolves around huge, world-affecting problems. Smaller stakes can still be interesting and matter a lot.

ETA:
    Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    His best friend is also a billionaire, and his home is a giant ice castle filled with alien luxuries, robot butlers, and super weapons. He spends the other part of his free time on a literal space station. It's comics so if you want to cherry pick nonsense we'll be here all day.
    Yeah, but the more down-to-earth aspects of superman are more relatable for more people, was my point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    I actually read Superman comics fairly regularly, and I can't begin to tell you the last time one was actually about his human side.
    And this is totally the problem (well, a problem). They can, and should, tell more stories focusing on the Clark Kent side. More human stories with problems that can be solved by being Superman but can be solved by being a good man. I agree that his superpowers can easily make him boring, and a good way to captlitalize on who he is would be to focus on who he is instead of what he is.
    Last edited by Peelee; 2021-10-18 at 01:43 PM.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2