Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
Probably. There is a possibility to fudge the rules juust right to encourage more D&D behavior on the system level (all those "cinematic violence" options) but I think they are not very popular. And in fantasy specifically high magic helps a lot as I said, but still not enough to be close to D&D.

Which encourages engaging in violence either: a) in a socially approved manner where your "enemy" will not kill you and probably will even help you not to die or b) in an all-out manner, doing everything to make sure odds are in your favor, no such thing as overkill etc.

Oh, and about your classification - I definitely feel like D&D should not be 20, not because of D&D itself, but because to say that everything between roll for shoes and D&D is less than 1/5 of the spectrum is weird.
I decided later that I was going to bump up D&D to where Pathfinder is now (ie 40), but didn't edit the OP. I'm not sure it's really a linear scale anyway...maybe a logarithmic scale would work better? Dunno. It's less about the numbering than the ordering anyway.