Quote Originally Posted by Liquor Box View Post
She laid out her reasons to not let the paladins interfere, and they didn't include "my defences will do the trick", which suggests this was not something she thought. Serini said "No more conflict means no more chance of the gate being destroyed either accidently or as some sort of misguided sacrifice", she didn't say "if you weren't here you couldn't compromise my defences". While she didn't explicitly say that she wasn't banking on her defences, she did all but.

As you point out, this means that would have been a good idea to let the paladins interfere - they create another line of defence. Which is essentially my main point.

Can I ask again - what is there in the comic which you think indicates Serini is reliant on her defences?
Just noticed another comment from Serini which I think suggests that she doesn't have much confidence in her defences. That is her final comment in 1189, where she says existing was fun well it lasted. That's not consistent with her thinking her defences would turn Xykon away, and is consistent with her thinking Xykon would prevail against her defences.