I'd maybe allow one skill trick at each level they get an ASI, instead of costing a proficiency. Of 2 at 4th and then let them get +1 and swap one out at each following ASI they get from a martial class. You can probably hand it to martials without issue, especially if some of these have noncombat benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by strangebloke View Post
Expert Appraisal[level 4, arcana] you can spend 1 minute interacting with an item to learn its properties as if you had cast identify.
I would push this one back quite a bit. This seems to be one of the main risks with magical weapons, and can ruin some surprise (ex: as DM I can inform the party the javelin they found says "astrapí" on it, but they don't learn it is a javelin of lightning until later, hopefully when one gets suspicious and tries the word). I'd say that by 12th level they have enough magic items to justify this, but probably not sooner. Of course, this does depend on DM fiat for how easy it is to paid for identity and/or get the 100gp pearl. Combat Patrol might be a bit low level as well.

Clarity of Vision [level 8, perception] As a bonus action, you focus your attention on a creature you cannot see but know the location of. Until the end of your next turn,
They don't get advantage for attacking you while hidden, I assume, but I don't see it written.

I'd ultimately like a few 16th level tricks as well as more tricks for skills that haven't yet been covered like survival or nature but I do think this is a fun list of enumerated powers.
Off the top of my head:

• Feint [4th level, deception] Once per turn, when you take the attack action, you can make a Deception check contested by the Insight check of the creature you are attacking. This must be done before making the attack roll. On a success, you deal an additional 1d4 damage with the attack.
  • Escape the Advantage [12th level, deception] Once per turn, when you make an attack roll with advantage, you can expend 5 feet of movement to move away from the target of your attack. This movement doesn't provoke opportunity attacks from the target of your attack.
  • Master Sneak [16th level, stealth] When you are hidden and make a melee weapon attack, you gain advantage on the next attack roll you make against the same creature before the start of your next turn or until you are no longer obscured to the target of your attack.
  • Natural Guard [8th level, survival] Whenever you are lightly obscured by foliage, heavy rain, falling snow, mist, and other natural phenomena you also gain half cover, even if the phenomena isn't solid.
  • Taste of Nature [4th level, nature or survival] Whenever you would ingest poison, you can make a Perception check to smell or taste the poison and avoid ingesting it.
  • Tactical Study [4th level, history] As a bonus action, you can make a History check against a creature you are fighting, to recall the historical tactics of such creatures. For 1 minute, you gain a +1 bonus to your AC or a saving throw of your choice against creatures of that type with a CR more than 10 point lower than the result of your check. For humanoids, use the subtype instead. Once you use this feature, you can't use it again until you finish a short or long rest.
  • Trapkeen [8th level, investigation] When you would trigger a trap, you can make an investigation check as a reaction. If your check is higher than the save DC of the trap (or the attack bonus + 10) you do not trigger the trap.