I've been thinking about this for a while now and can't figure out if it would be a terrible idea, or brilliant. I don't want to implement it in game, especially since I'm in the middle of a campaign. So, I have plenty of time to work out the kinks, as I'm sure plenty will be pointed out that I just can't see because I'm too close to the project. Anyways, here's what I was thinking:

How would game be affected if the maneuvers that the Battle Master had access to were all available to all Fighters? The Battle Master would still pick whatever number of them they normally have access to for their superiority dice, and still only be able to add them to those maneuvers, becoming especially masterful with those maneuvers instead of only able to use those. And, other fighters would have more to do on their round than just move up and hit the next enemy. On top of that, how would feats be affected? I can see adding some minor boosts to otherwise dull feats, like the weapon proficiency feat also giving non-fighters access to one maneuver, or something like that. And, maybe non-fighters getting a maneuver if they get a Fighting Style, possibly matching them up so that it fits. Like, if you get two-weapon fighting as your Fighting Style, you can have Riposte as a maneuver, just without a superiority die. I don't know if that's getting too complicated, though...

Anyways, what do you guys think of my idea. And, yes. I know it'll make the fighter more powerful in general, and that not all maneuvers really make that much difference without the Superiority Dice being added to them.