View Single Post

Thread: Fizban's first impressions

1. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Fizban's first impressions

Quote Originally Posted by Man_Over_Game View Post
    If I remember correctly, the Hoard of the Dragon Queen modules were written by Kobold Press, not WOTC, which does make it very complicated to understand exactly what 5e's theology system is, considering this was one of the first official modules ever released.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackPhoenix View Post
    Oh, it's pretty clear what it is: A hot mess.
    Something I was really hoping would see drastic changes in its reprint, oh well. The design is just so different, you can practically tell at a glance that it was made without full access to the final design of 5e. We know that at best they were working with a pre-release "mostly complete" iteration of the DMG, at worst a completely outdated one.

On topic: There's so much cool stuff in this book that we want to adapt to our table. That little blurb on a particular Ancient Blue Dragon might be just what our DM was looking for to plan out the campaign extension he wanted to do for SKT.

My interest is in the whole dragonslaying and hoard item system, I think it's very cool and want to adapt some of my current dragon acquired items to the system. It takes a step towards making earned items feel unique and powerful, something that was previously exclusive to Artifacts with their minor/major boon and bane effects.
    Last edited by ProsecutorGodot; 2021-10-26 at 12:25 PM.