View Single Post

Thread: Currently Recruiting Players

1. - Top - End - #809
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Currently Recruiting Players

Terrors of the Underdark

[FR 3.5e d&d] (OPEN until Nov 7) Recruiting 2 players for a monthly Roll20 game to be ran on Sundays (4 to 6 hr sessions), using my discord server for voice chat and messaging. Scheduling is based on everyone’s availability.

Edit: Please reply, private message, or email me your completed character submission before 7pm CST on Saturday, November 6. If you can’t game on the 7th, the party may still choose you and reschedule game night. Notification of those chosen will occur Saturday @ ~10:00 pm CST, so make sure I can reach you.

High fantasy exploration and evil-doer buttkicking in the Underdark.

Durnan, the proprietor of the Yawning Portal Inn, of Waterdeep, has put out a call to many cities and nations in Faerun, for heroes to come to the aid of the Lords and Ladies of Waterdeep. He has put up a reward of 100,000 gold pieces for successful completion of the mission, and is offering free room and board for any heroes that answer his call.

The plot line for this game is broken into episodic parts of a Prologue, 6 acts involving many individual parts, and an Epilogue.

What I am looking for:
    - 2 reliable players.

What I need of them:
    - Have at least two Sundays open to game, every month, to help with scheduling.
    - Build a character that meets my criteria and houserules, below.
    - Have fun playing such a character and not worry about being the strongest or best.

Interested? If so, IM me with your idea of a character that will fill one of the following roles in a party, without a lot of overlap:
    - Martial role (melee, tanking, damage soaker type character)
    - Support role (buffing, aiding, good with some skills; and can heal in combat with own abilities or items - or has a battlefield controller focus)

My current players are filling the Arcane, Divine, and Skill/Face roles. They will help me decide on candidates to fill these open roles needed.

To get you started:
    - ECL 15, at least one level in a base class and no more than 2 prestige classes. (There is a homebrew bonus for characters that start with 15 levels in a base class, not counting druid nor wizard).
    - Any non-undead humanoid, or humanoid-like race from 3.5 sources or FR 3.0 sources (use most up to date version). Some exceptions for other Campaign Setting sources could be made.
    - Level adjustment +1 can start as bought off without loss of XP, but +2 or higher will cost XP as normal.
    - Free Regional feat at 1st level, as a bonus feat, but must meet the prerequisites*.
    - Up to 2 flaws and 2 traits from the Unearthed Arcana; however you can’t have any feats that contradict your flaws until you reach level 21/21 hitdice.
    - Attributes are your choice of Epic array (18,17,16,15,14,13) or rolled: 6 sets of 5d6 drop 2 lowest; choose 1 set. (Current 3 players all chose to roll)
    - Wealth: 300,000 gp; no more than 100,000 on one item, and all others are 50,000 or less.
    - Alignment: Any non-evil.
    - Use Mythweavers for your character sheet, please.
    - *You must write a detailed background for your character, including long and short term goals, notable NPCs met, notable locations and adventures it went on, family life and upbringing, and a “how I got to where I am” theme. If your character’s race is weird or doesnt meet the prerequisites for any regional feat, I will probably not submit your character for the final vote to my current players.
    - Hitpoints are average, rounded up.
    - Hard Bans: candle of invocation, belt of battle, celerity, greater celerity, planar shepherd, thrallherd, ruby knight vindicator, truenamer, leadership, necropolitan, taint and depravity, early entry shenanigans that require DM fiat/interpretation, most dnd wiki homebrew junk.
    - Sources allowed: All 3.5e sources and most 3.0 FR sources, A&E Guide, and most Dragon Magazine content if it fits in the Forgotten Realms.

If your character submission fails to meet the Role criteria, or violates any of these houserules, it will be ignored. If you have questions, IM me, please do not post tons of questions here.

Looking to possibly start the game on Nov 21, depending on player availability. Typical starting time I am shooting for is 11am to Noon, Central Standard Time (chicago), sometimes later.

This is not a first come first taken race. The devil is in the details. I need you invested in your character for the game to be more fun. Completed submissions will have a much higher chance of being picked.
    Last edited by Nezkrul; 2021-11-04 at 10:05 PM.